Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Beautiful are the feet


My husband and I went college campus preaching the other day so we must have beautiful feet, because there is a bible verse that talks about the beautiful feet of those who bring the gospel.   Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!   We went to Lexington Kentucky! The college was called University of Kentucky or other wises called UK. I love getting to go with my husband to share the Gospel of the Lord!! God fills me with such joy when I get to go! We got up extra early and left the house by 7:30 am and got there by 10:45. Lexington's time zone is a hour ahead of us. So we needed to leave earlier than we usual. We started our trip by stopping by Burger King to pick up breakfast. My husband was so kind to treat me to breakfast out this morning. It helped us get out of the house faster. It was such a BEAUTIFUL morning!! The trees are starting to turn color here!! And the closer we got to Lexington it got prettier. While we drove I was going over my memory verses. So I could use them in my one on one witnessing. I love how the light is shining across my bible and my hand knitted Scarf Cowl in this picture.

Here is my much used and much loved bible. I was going over 1 John 2:3-4 , and 1 John 2:15-17 They are great verses to use for sharing with people that say they are christians and claim they can't stop  sinning. And everyone sins and can't stop!  I also love Philippians 4:13. It can encourage people that you can stop sinning if you lean on Jesus who strengthens us.


1 John 2:3-4  3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 2:15-17  15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.

Philippians 4:13 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me


These next two pictures are of one of the many horse farms that are all through this part of Kentucky. They are very pretty. 

You can see the horses in this picture if you look on the right half way up.

Here are some of the beautiful houses and churches that we saw once we were in the city. The University is in the old part of town.

Lovely Old Victorian House! You can see the widow's walk on top of the house.

Loved this house, it was crafty home stuff shop. Wish we had the time to stop in to look around! Sorry for all the odd taken pictures, we were driving down the road looking for the college. We were running a little late.

I Love the lacy window shutters. 


This is the building we were standing in front of while preaching. I found it very pretty.

Close up of the banners on the side of the building. I love the details on the side of the building.



Here is my dear Husband starting his preaching to the lost! I'm so blessed to be married to such a Godly Man. When we go out to preach and witness to the lost, it is not out of hate or meanness that we tell them they need to repent and stop sinning, NO it is out of love for them and for God, that we go out to the lost! To warn them of what is coming, Judgement day! It will be a scary day for all the sinner when that day comes!! It moves me to compassion for them!! Also the bible commands us to go!

Romans 10:14   How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

We we were not able to be there for a very long time but it was long enough  to help draw a crowd for another Brother in the Lord that took over when we left. We left early then ever one else because my husband still had to go to work that day. But all and all it was a good day!!!

When Tracy was done preaching and we were on our way back to the car we passed out gospel tracts. If you are a Christian and want to obey the bible and share the gospel with the lost, you don't have to preach in the open air like my husband and I. You can past out gospel tracts where ever you go, like when you go shopping, to the movies, or go out to a restaurant. We all need to be bold for the Lord to save the lost!!! If you believe that there is a God and you KNOW that there is a HELL then if you don't worn the lost you don't love them!!! The bible commands us to love our neighbor. Do good to them that hate us!!   I'll say it again if you don't WARN the lost of Judgement day and God's WRATH then you don't love them, and your are not OBEYING GOD or his word! 

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

If you are not sure of were to get a good gospel tracts here is a link to a great one!!





They had signs and banners almost everywhere you looked!


When we have gone to  Lexington for other outreaches I had gotten a glimpse of this very interesting building. So this time when we were on our way back home we were able to stop for a moment to get a few pictures of this Castle. It was so neat!! When I looked into it, I found out it was a Bed & Breakfast. Very interesting!! I'd like to stay there someday for the fun of it!!

Here is the gate to the front door!! Very Cool!!!

Here is another view of it like I said very interesting!! 


Well I hope you enjoyed coming along with me on my outreach with my husband and I.

God Bless
Kelly

I shared this with these blogs, come by and join the fun.
http://www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com/2015/10/our-simple-homestead-hop-23.html
http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-art-of-home-making-mondays-please.html

12 comments:

  1. I had a wonderful time.. I lobed the Victorian house wished we could have seen inside... The castle looks amazing... And i enjoyed your verses thank you stop by for a visit sometime. Blessings to you and your husband with lobe Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit!! I love old Victorian houses too! I agree It would have been great to see inside too. I'm also glad you like my verses! God's Word is so so Wonderful!! Psalm 119:105
      105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. God bless you

      Kelly

      Delete
  2. Hello Dear Lady. Your feet are beautiful!!! You are so very brave to be a street preacher.
    I've joined your blog today and look forward to following your sight.
    Blessings,
    d from Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so very much enjoyed your blog post. Bless you hubby for his work! At bible study this morning we were talking about living in the church age RIGHT NOW! Interesting and a lot to think about. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your Titus verses...studied Titus last spring...great little book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly! What lovely architecture in the photos. I love older buildings, and that castle is very unique. I think I've been to Lexington in the past, but I really can't remember for sure. Thank you for sharing the photos.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely scenery! What a blessing it is to know the Lord and to be able to share His Truth with others. How precious He is! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kelly,

    Thank you for sharing your photos with us. I have enjoyed the older architecture so much today.

    I agree with you regarding going out to preach the gospel. Although I have not been called to the highways and byways like you and your husband, our Lord has directed me to reach out through gospel tracts. I place a dollar bill inside the tracts and whenever I am out and about I leave them, along with with my tips, in restaurants, taxi's, hotels, etc. I also leave them on the bath tissue dispenser in lady's rooms and I give them to cashiers and grocery sackers, etc. I am confident the tip of of the dollar bill sticking out of the top of the gospel tract is enough enticement to attract one to actually read the tract. I pray the writings plant a seed and / or stir the reader to explore the gospel or inspire believers to dig deeper into God's Word. I also hope it serves as an encouragement to any believer who may find the tract(s) to also take action and spread the Gospel in any way he or she can.
    Keep up the good work and again, thanks for sharing all the lovely photos of Lexington with us!

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely scenery! I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for the powerful verses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its tract Dear not tracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry!! Silly me haha. Thank you so much for letting me know. It was so kind of you. I think I fixed them all. Thank you again.

      Delete